Awakening Your Inner Blueprint for Abundant Health and Energy
by Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D., and Dawson Church, Ph.D.
Foreword by Caroline Myss
1. In your book Soul Medicine, you say that therapies like acupucture, energy medicine, and prayer have very real effects. How can something as intangible as consciousness have health benefits?
2. Is there scientific proof of the value of these energy approaches?
3. Chapter 4 of Soul Medicine is called “Magic Precedes Science.” In it, you that healing modalities that are called “science” today looked like magic when they were first used. Give us some examples of these therapies.
4. You collected case histories of many healings for Soul Medicine. Why are these case histories important, and what distinguishes them from the stories that patients tell?
5. In Chapter 6 of Soul Medicine, you talk about the characteristics of a Master Healer. What is a “Master Healer,” and what are some of the things they have in common?
6. Do we all have the ability to heal, or is it a special gift given only to a few individuals? Can healing be taught?
7. You identify stress as one of the biggest health problems. But “it’s just stress,” and everyone has stress. Why is stress such a big deal?
8. How can I tell if I have a good connection between my spirit and my body?
9. Can you demonstrate one of these approaches right now on the air?
10. In chapter 7 of Soul Medicine you describe how cultures of antiquity regarded healing. Tell us about the historic links between spirituality and health.
11. You describe some of the programs that teach healing and accredit healers. How important is accreditation for healers, and what programs are in place today?
12. Where are these therapies being used alongside mainstream medicine today?
13. What do you think are some of the most exciting new possibilities for healing in the future? What will the medical center of the future look like?
14. What are some of the biggest problems between the vision you describe, and where we are now?
15. What is the single biggest thing that everyone listening today can do for their health right now?